Online privacy statement
Who are we? – Rollerstop CIC is a Glasgow based roller skating rink. We hold regular sessions allowing customers to rollerskate in a safe and fun environment. We also provide lessons to both children and adults, and parties. If you would like to contact us about the personal data we hold on you please write, email or call.
|Data Controller contact details|
|Contact Name:||The Data Controller|
|Address line 1:||Rollerstop|
|Address line 2:||139 Middlesex Street|
|Address line 3:||Kinning Park|
|Address line 4:||Glasgow|
|Address line 5:||G41 1EE|
|Telephone:||0141 429 7298|
What is personal data? – Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Special category data is personal data which the GDPR says is more sensitive and so needs more protection. For example, information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, religion or health are all considered special categories of data.
Consent is required for Rollerstop to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for special categories of data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
If you would like more information on GDPR and how it impacts you, this can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at www.ico.org.uk.
How we collect your information – Rollerstop collects personal data from visitors to this website through the use of online forms. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake through this site, including details of bank accounts to be used for payments. If a payment card is used, a secure third party payment processor facilitates this payment. This third party only provides Rollerstop with limited details of any card you use.
The personal data we would like to collect from and process on you is:
|Personal data type||Source (where Rollerstop obtained the personal data from if it was not collected directly from you, the data subject.)|
|Your name, address, telephone number and email contact||From you|
|Your payment information||From you|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- If you complete one of our online forms details may be collected to allow us to respond to your query or to process your booking
- If you purchase something from us we will use your payment details to take the agreed payment
- To monitor visitors to our website and responses to marketing campaigns
- To answer enquiries from you including social media and web chat
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of those products or services we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed your application or enquiry.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0141 429 7298. We will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data may be classed as one of the categories below:
- Provision of a contract
Special category data is personal data which the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says is more sensitive and so needs more protection. For example, information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, religion or health are all considered special categories of data. The special categories of personal data Rollerstop might process are:
- Any medical conditions relayed to us. This will be used to ensure you are able to skate in a manner that is safe both for you and those around you.
Will Rollerstop share my personal data with anyone else? We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Rollerstop in the course of dealing with you. This may include special categories of data where appropriate. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely.
The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
|Third party||Reason for passing your personal data||Safeguards in place to protect your personal data|
|Third party payment processors||For any purchases you make Rollerstop uses a third party payment processor to take this payment.||Third party payment processors who work with Rollerstop are contractually bound to adhere to Data Protection legislation and act in compliance with our instructions.|
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access- you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. This may be limited by technological requirements.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Rollerstop refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the section below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
How do I complain if I am not happy about how my personal data is being processed? In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Rollerstop (or third parties as described above), please contact us on the contact details noted above.
You also have the right, if you are still not satisfied with how we have handled your personal data, to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
|Supervisory authority contact details|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner’s Office|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow|
|Address line 4:||Cheshire|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113|
How long will Rollerstop use the personal data it collects about me? Rollerstop will process personal data for the length of time required to fulfil our obligations contractually or legally.
Rollerstop will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Rollerstop is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection